Friday, October 3, 2008

It's been one week...

This morning we went to St. Chappelle, it was pretty beautiful, but cold. I need to get some yarn and I'll whip up some gloves and maybe a hat. Everyone here wears scarves, its a little ridiculous. We had really good weather for the first few days but now I need to start wearing a coat. We learned a lot about the French history we are supposed to be reading, then had a really good lunch at Au Pied de Cochon (at the pig's foot). The food was really good, although they serve fries with everything, even at pretty nice restaurants. I got creme brulée for desert, it was pretty amazing. We took over two hours to eat lunch so we missed our appointment with Notre Dame I guess. We didn't get to go in, but we stood outside and Professor Peter White told us about all the architecture. There was a couple getting married outside Notre Dame, there were only about five or six people there, but she had on a huge puffy dress. Everyone kept telling me that I should do that, but considering they were standing in a huge flock of pigeons, I think I'll pass.
I'm starting to get used to the tiny shower, although it will be a relief to get home. I have a great view from my window and I've taken to opening the window and people watching in the morning or afternoon when I have a few minutes. I had a very French moment the other day. I was standing at the window eating my yogurt for breakfast, it was a beautiful day, and someone in another room was playing classical music which I could vaguely hear.

No comments: