Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Day 3-6

We have a lot more work than we thought we would, everyone is a little ticked at that. I have to lead the discussion tomorrow, so I should probably be working on that right now. Whatever. My french teacher pulled me aside today, along with another kid, to tell us that we should move up to the next class. However, Olivia is in that class and I know its going to be hard, whereas the one I'm in was going to be a pretty good easy review. The other kid took 201 and 202 over the summer so he's pretty fresh and should move up. Since I forget EVERYTHING though I told her I might need the review. She basically gave me the choice, and as much as I want to coast this quarter, I know it would be better to just take the harder class so my French gets better. oh decisions. We had a wine and cheese tasting today. The university hired the sommelier who owns a nearby wine shop to come and teach us about wine. It was actually pretty cool as I have never really liked the taste of alcohol before. I actually liked two or three of the five wines he gave us, and they are incredibly cheap, incredibly, so I may become a wine-o before the trip is over. As the girl next to me said "what the hell else is Paris for?" which apparently is everyone's opinion because everyone basically let themselves get pretty tipsy. Then we went to happy hour at an Irish Pub and played "I've never." Since I've never really done anything except be engaged before 20, I only barely got through one beer, which was bought for me, so whatever. I'm actually only writing to avoid more work, but I had better get back to it.

1 comment:

auntie verne said...

hey Chels its Auntie Verne....you know i'm not that computer literate....i just got the link from you mon....i didn't know you were there "AGAIN".....it souds pretty boring since you are giving bit by bit detail :)....i'm in the process of fixing dinner so i won't be long just wanted to holla....get back with you later.....by the way what time is it there...it's 7:00 pm 10/06